intro!

|
It isn't polite to start without an introduction, is it? So hi. I am Jeanette, Mary Jeanette H*** is my full name. I have spent the last hour searching for a good representative picture of myself but I can't seem to find one. On my Facebook album apparently all I have are funny shots of mine, which is not too... useful? So I'll share that much later on okay.

Rather than going through the normal introduction sequence, why not let me go through quickly 10 most noticeable things about me? :)

1. I used to hate going into the kitchen. But as soon as I started college overseas, it changed. It all started with my longing for home cooked food.
2. I was born in Indonesia, studied in Malaysia, worked in Singapore and now working in Thailand.
3. I gave up my Advertising career to be a junior Pastry Chef in Singapore last year. But it lasted for only 6 months cos I got to move to Bangkok. No regret. I love Bangkok life more though it means I have to start all over again seeking a job in Pastry.
4. The love of baking started 3 years ago after I bought my very own oven using my first paycheck.
5. When was the turning point that I decided Pastry is where I want to be in? I guess it's like finding Mr. Right kind of feeling in your life. It just happened without reason and without you knowing it. I just... like it. I love eating it, I love looking at it.
6. My dream(s)? I want to see Paris with my own eyes, I want to have my own magical pastry shop.
7. I got a scholarship into The French Culinary Institute couple of weeks ago but I had to give it up due to some reasons...
8. Pastry chef that I'd really love to get to know? Pierre Hermé.
9. My 10 favorite pastries? Macarons, eclairs, strawberry shortcake, quiche, crepe suzette, sticky date pudding, creme brulee, panna cotta, plaisir sucre and... pa-ram-pam! waffle! heeheehee.
10. So what are you doing here? This is the place where I'm gonna be recording my pastry adventure. It's about time I get a start, I think.

Much love,
Mary Jean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment