TDK: Cherry Fraisier

|
My turn is finally here. After being approved last month, I could finally join my first ever The Daring Baker's challenge for this month of July. The challenge is to make Fresh Fraisier! Exciting exciting. Not because I love eating cakes that have fruits in it (it's honestly one of those on my bottom list) BUT I could get to practise making beautiful cake! Heehee. 

Berries are terribly expensive here where I live, so I substituted it with cherry - not that it's any cheaper, but at least it tastes the sweetest amongst all. Yes, berries in Asia are apparently very sour :(

Downloadable recipe is here


In case you're wondering, yes it's slightly slanting! Your eyes don't fool you this time :P We're supposed to assemble this in a springform pan, which sadly I don't have (and too broke to buy this time around). So what i did is just lining all sides of my usual baking pan with clingwrap paper and tried to lift it up with it after freezing... yikes. Nevertheless it tastes great! A good treat it is, especially for hot summer weather out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cream may have smudged when lifting it out of the pan, but it still looks delicious. Well done!

Mary Jean said...

thank you! :)

Post a Comment