Spring Onion Pancake

|
I'm sorry for doing this to you, esp. at this hour. 10.17pm. But my hands were itching to make something - though on the other hands there's not much in the budget for this week to buy more butter or whipping cream to whip up some cakes. So. I got to do whatever's in the fridge. And that's when I remembered this post by my fave pastry chef. I just go to make it. :)




Recipe
Makes eight pancakes, or four huge ones.
Mix 315g of plain flour with 180g of warm water, and knead until smooth. Brush with a little vegetable oil, cover with clingfilm and allow to rest for half-an-hour.
Cut the dough into four. Lightly oil your work surface and roll out one of the balls of dough into a thin rectangle at least 30x35cm.
Finely chop a bunch of spring onions and sprinkle on top of the dough along with a pinch of Maldon sea salt.
Starting from the long end, roll the dough up tightly, then cut in two. Coil each part into a bundle.
And finally roll out the snail into a flat circle.
Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil into a frying pan and cook the pancake for two mintes on each side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment